Forums Ad Forum

Snickers - Mr. T. - Speed Walker

Snickers - Mr. T. - Speed Walker (2008) 07 Aug, 2008 07:08 AM
Snickers - Mr. T. - Speed Walker Summary: A speedwalker is lambasted by Mr. T.

Song: Theme from the A-Team composed by Mike Post composed by Pete Carpenter performed by Daniel Caine Orchestra

Buy song from iTunes

archive
[Slipstream] Mr. T is the man and pulling the ad is stupid! I mean what year do we live in, last time I checked it was 2008 for pity sake.
I just downloaded Mr. T’s voice from Navtones.com for my GPS and I love it. But my question is, am I meant to get offended every time I make a wrong turn and he calls me a fool or something? On that note, I also got Kim Cattrall from Navtones, can I claim she is sexually harassing me when she says, “Lets just pull over and get in the backseat, that’s bigger enough for us two, or maybe three”?
The Snickers ad is just an ad and with them pulling it, it’s probably getting more attention than it would have if it just came out. (Pun)
“Get Some Nuts.”
Thanks for posting the ad!

archive
[Zephyr] This ad definitely has homophobic overtones, and whether or not they were intentional I'm glad it's no longer airing. In particular, the very first part in which they zoom in on the guy's...er, posterior. It's like an extreme parody of how people imagine gay men walk - he's supposed to look extremely feminine, and silly because of it. Then Mr. T. says he is a "disgrace" to his gender. You might as well just come out (npi) and say that gay guys should feel embarrassed about themselves.
-Slipstream: you seem to imply that worrying so much about an ad is old-fashioned, and that in 2008 we should be past that sort of thing. That's funny - I was hoping that in 2008 we'd be past making fun of minority groups.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy |
Feedback
|
Submit Info