Forums Ad Forum

Nike - Courage

Nike - Courage (2008) 21 Jul, 2008 09:21 AM
Nike - Courage Summary: Great moments and athletes in sports.

Song: All These Things That I've Done by The Killers

Buy song from iTunes

archive
[Mike] coolin fact,I'm from Taiwan.So my english is not well,but I still want to say thanks a lot to this web.this Description is really valuable.

archive
[Tv Spot] Pau Gasol as Himself

http://tvspot.blogspot.com

splendAd Admin keith 526
Tv Spot, thanks. Updated to credit Pau Gasol.

archive
[Harken] This ad is fantastic...love it!

archive
[Frank] Is this a political ad? It sounds disrepctful to US military personnel.

archive
[edith] Frank,
I believe the intention is exactly the opposite of being disrespectful to the military.
The opening title says, "Everything you need is already inside". Many (not all) of these people (and many others found in the ad that are listed at the Nike website) are athletes who've dealt with some sort of personal adversity or professional obstacle to achieve a significant place in their field of endeavor.
The "I'm not a soldier" lyric tells you that these people are in sports - not serving their country - so you don't have to make comparisons of their personal tales of courage to the kind of courage displayed by those who knowingly and willingly risk their lives through every minute of their service.
It's a different type of courage but can nonetheless, be quite inspiring.

archive
[Laura] Thank you, Edith, for your take on this ad. With two nephews faithfully and patriotically serving in the military, I also wondered about the meaning of the phrase. Now that I understand it, I can appreciate what an inspiring ad Nike has put out. Thanks again...

archive
[Mark] Because this ad sounds like it puts down our military we contacted Nike. Their explanation is it has to do with LaBron James youth baseball team that were called the soldiers. This came straight from Nike PR. I don't get it. What percentage of people would even know that.
I think this is a slam to our military and they are now making stuff up to cover for it. If not, they need to come out with something publicly that corrects the perception or I will cease to use their products. By the way, my son has soul and is a soldier.

archive
[James] You should probably try listening to the rest of the song before you jump to conclusions that Nike has released an ad insulting the armed forces. You're taking one snippet entirely out of context and misconstruing it to mean something it never meant to be in the first place.

archive
[Madison] please don't start believing that it has anything to do against the army.
this commercial, from my point of view, simply is to make people realize that everybody has problems and that the strengh comes from inside us - 'everything you need is already inside '.
i don't think it is a slam against military, in fact, they got soul and are soldiers...
' i got soul but i'm not a soldier '- and don't forger the last part!!!
-- 'Yeah, you know you got to help me out' --
you need help in everything, we're all human beings.
incluiding soldiers!
please don't go saying it is agains them, cause it isn't. why should it be? they give their lifes to save us...

archive
[Mike] I have a question.
Who is the gymnast of seconds 32-34? The girl that falls...
Sorry for my english!
Thanks...

splendAd Admin keith 526
Mike,
The gymnast is Miho Shinoda.

archive
[Axel] In the second 51 are a baseball player of red sox
Who is?

splendAd Admin keith 526
Axel,
That's Jon Lester.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy |