Forums Ad Forum

Farmers Identity Shield - Hello

Farmers Identity Shield - Hello (2008) 25 Jun, 2008 05:08 PM
Farmers Identity Shield - Hello Summary: A man chases after someone who stole his nametag

Song: I'm Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys

Buy song from iTunes

archive
[Matt] not the right song

archive
[Dylan] Its not Shipping up to Boston

splendAd Admin keith 526
Matt & Dylan, is there another version of this ad airing? Because there is at least one version that does use "I'm Shipping Up To Boston"

archive
[Eddie] I want to know the song too. It's not Shipping Up To Boston. Great song though.

splendAd Admin keith 526
Can someone please elaborate? Is there another version of the ad?

archive
[Erin] I have only seen one version of the ad. I know Shipping up to Boston, and that is definitely not the music played in the commercial.

splendAd Admin keith 526
We here at splendAd are only familiar with the version that uses the song "I'm Shipping Up To Boston". So there must be another version of the ad. Or maybe a different version of the song? Have you tried listening to the version on the Departed soundtrack (we link to it in the iTunes link above).

archive
[Eddie] I have the soundtrack and I am almost certain it's not Shipping Up To Boston. There must be a different version of the commercial because the one that I see on TV isn't playing the D.K.M's song. I would love to know what song it is since I'm a fan of this type of music and the song in the commercial sounds pretty good.

archive
[Zack] No, I totally agree. It is not Shipping up to Boston. But I am really anxious to find out that tune.

archive
[Scott] I JUST watched this ad on TV in Connecticut - I'm a HUGE DKM fan (own all their albums) and I concur with Zack - its similar, but not that song. I'm dying to know what it is, though!

archive
[sori-san] it's not dkm i know their music and yes theirs prob two version. this version sounds like their may be an electric fiddle.

archive
[Del] I think splendAd Keith is right; there were 2 versions. Does anyone have a copy of the version with the DKM song?

archive
[anonymous] dropkick just sent out an e-mail asking for a copy of that ad, they are doing so illegally.

splendAd Admin keith 526
The YouTube video that we linked on this page was taken down, and if what everyone is saying is true, the on-air version is no longer using DKM's song. I'm speculating, but seems like Farmers didn't properly clear the song, then had to replace it with a similar (probably custom-made) song.

archive
[sori-san] my mom said she heard it from a local band while back at our local library. so i don't thinks custom made

archive
[Matt] I have checked another site, apparently there are 2 versions. It seems most of us are in search of the one that does not feature Dropkick Murphys.

archive
[Dan] Can we have a link to the other one? You know, the one we're all looking for...

archive
[Paddy] Perhaps it's the Pogues? Maybe? But it sure as hell ain't DKM.

archive
[sori-san] n yay somebody figured it out but what is the name of the song is the question i know its not made up on farmers own minds as (they prob aren't that smart hints drop kick murphys incident) my mom heard it ata concert at the local libary couple years ago and she dosn't rember the name

archive
[sori-san] n yay somebody figured it out but what is the name of the song is the question i know its not made up on farmers own minds as (they prob aren't that smart hints drop kick murphys incident) my mom heard it ata concert at the local libary couple years ago and she dosn't rember the name

archive

archive
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy |
Feedback
|
Submit Info