Forums Ad Forum

AT&T - Monkey

AT&T - Monkey (2007) 07 Dec, 2007 05:23 PM
AT&T - Monkey Summary: Using his camera phone, a father takes pictures of his daughter's toy monkey

Song: Sweet Pea by Amos Lee

Buy song from iTunes

archive
[anonymous] The little girl is adorable! Great commercial and very heartwarming!

archive
[terrence] I luv luv luv that music!

archive
[Shelly] WE LOVE AMOS LEE!! It's so cool to see him getting some notoriety. He is such a great musician. We always see him whenever he's in town! We hope he gets big, but we sure hate to share him!

archive
[anonymous] Does anyone know where I can buy that monkey?? It's so cute!!

archive
[drew] i think this is the monkey... http://www.krittersinthemailbox.com/animals/monkey/plush.htm

called "bongo the monkey plush"

what do you thinK?

archive
[monkey] who would ever think of taking pictures of a monkey having adventures?

http://www.himonkey.net

archive
[anonymous] It is the monkey! I'm going to get it for my daughter to do the same thing with her dad(and we already have att phones so we're all set)!

archive
[anonymous] Does anyone know who the little girl in the commercial is? She's adorable!

archive
[Munty] How dow you find out the AD agency to produced this idea?

archive
[m]

archive
[Rach] Love the monkey. I still have my stuffed- toy monkey from when I was young. I think I'll try the photograph thing when I go over seas!

archive
[Wek] I wish my future daughter would be like that. She so sweet and so cute

archive
[jane] love this song : )

archive
[annlyn] hmm thats like totally my brother,

awkward.....

noting the fact that i've never met him...
but yeah.

have a splendid day young forum readers =)
-annlyn whaley ^_^

archive
[carole] Love the commercial! All of the characters were great. I especially liked the dad. He did a great job. He was very warm and loving and I am sure he made all the little girls wish their dads were like him. Hope to see more of him.

archive
[Carolyn Whaley Vosburg] The dad is my nephew, William Whaley! His little girl thinks he's great, too! We do expect more great things from him in the future. : )

archive
[Jonathan] That's a really cute commercial. Business and Family with one stone.

archive
[Elaine] We've been taking pictures of our stuffed monkey "Qwerty" traveling since 2004...he's been to Vegas, Maui, San Francisco... I think someone at AT&T stole my idea...
http://bill.jldinc.com/gallery/default.asp?1=1&curPage=1&showPhrase=&pageSize=12&gal_cat_id=9

archive
[Lisa] Who is the little girl? She is absolutely precious!

archive
[monkie mommy] we have three stuffed monkies who have been photographed in london, berlin, south africa, on safari in namibia and all over the US. How did AT&T come up with this idea?

archive
[LisaToll] Is that little girl the one from the famous/infamous video clip of the girl explaining what she will do to a monster if it comes into her home??

archive
[Laura] She's not the little girl explaining about the monster. The little girl in the AT&T is much smaller.

archive
[Joe] The little girls name is Savannah Argenti. She is only 4 years old! I worked with her older sister, Emily Argenti on a film and both girls are really great actors!

splendAd Admin keith 526
Thanks Joe. Updated to credit Savannah.

splendAd Admin keith 526
Thanks Carolyn. Updated to credit William.

archive
[Daryl] i went to the site that sells the monkey and they are sold out i really dont want to wait.. if you have one i will gladly pay for it. i need it in a week for my girlfriends birthday and everytime the commercial she melts. shes loves monkeys and this would be a great suprise. if you have one from the site above "bongo the monkey plush. please email me at ur_mom79@yahoo.com thanks..

archive
[Bryan] Where is the familys home??? looks like an old historical home??? love the paint colors!!! would like photo's... I agree with everyone above... cool commercial and song.... sweet little girl...
brydogg@hotmail.com

archive
[Mary] I melt everytime I see that little girt jump into her father's arms as she squeezes him while squeezing her eyes. There is nothing more precious! I hope to see her again.

archive
[Courtney] I agree with Mary - It's a perfect moment when she sees her dad is home and runs to hug him. I like that AT&T went for a family commercial - great casting too!

archive
[JOE] "SWEET PEA" HAS THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT THAT MAKES THE SONG, THE COMMERCIAL, THE FILM - THE ACTORS -ALL SUCCESSFUL -
SIMPLICITY!

BRAVO AMOS LEE!

archive
[Al Kaplan] The idea was stolen from a blog thepriceofsilver.blogspot.com which has been featuring this and another toy monkey for a couple of years now. AT&T should 'fess up and pay for the intellectual property rights on the concept. They flat out stole it!

archive
[Sandy] Get a grip Al. This was not an original concept. People do this all the time. It was my sons school project when he was in 2nd grade! Every kid in the class took pix with stuffed bears, dogs and even monkeys. The commercial is completely wonderful!

archive
[Chumby] My hubby called me by my second name given by him : "Monkey". And I call my hubby : "Daddy".
And I got very excited when he gets back from a long business trip, just like the girl here. I want the monkey doll. Help me where I can get one?

archive
[Moe] I was sooo mad when I first saw this commercial. I felt like someone had witnessed a personal thing I had done for my daughter and capitalized on the idea. Yes, it's cute and well-done, but it still sucks. I feel like we all deserve royalties!! :-)

archive
[TC] The monkey used in the commercial is Moe the Floppy Monkey manufactured by Douglas Cuddle Toy.
Here's the link:
http://www.douglascuddletoy.com/dyn_prod.php?p=DOU1311&k=79697
They actually mention it as the monkey in the AT&T commercial. The previous mentioned Bongo Monkey is the smaller version of this, also made by Douglas.

splendAd Admin keith 526
Thanks TC. I updated our page here to include a link to the Mo Monkey toy. It's on the left hand side of this page, near the top.

archive
[STL] Thanks to those of you who found the monkey online! I think that it is actually "Bongo the Monkey" as Drew mentioned earlier. If you look at "Mo Floppy Monkey", he has a much larger nose than the cute one in the commercial. TC was right, it is a Douglas Cuddle Toy and they also claim that Bongo stars in the ad...maybe they both made an appearance? haha Anyway, here's the URL for Bongo: http://www.douglascuddletoy.com/dyn_prod.php?p=DOU1719

archive
[STL] Keith, not sure what happened with the postings, I certainly didn't intend to post 3 times...sorry, please remove the duplicates...thanks. Anyway, here's the site where I found "Bongo the Monkey" in stock and at the best price ($9 + $5 shipping): http://www.ticastoys.com/detail.aspx?ID=2916

splendAd Admin keith 526
STL, thanks. I updated the amazon link on this page (upper left of the page) to be Bongo.

archive
[MSB] I have been taking the same type of pictures with a plush dog of my son's for over two years now, and now I see a comercial. I have taken the stuffed dog to China (twice) Lyon, Paris, Normandy, in the louve. When my son gets older it will make a great coffee table book.

archive
[BC] Here's the link to Moe the Floppy Monkey , great commercial

archive
[Zondo] People, get over it. This idea is not an original one. I first heard about this 30 years ago with The Red Couch. And then again in the 80's with the pink lawn flamingoes. I did this myself as, a result, with a toy soldier lawn ornament in the late 80's and 90's. To think that AT&T stole it is ludicrous. I think they did however give it a certain heartwarming with the excellent score and the cute little girl.

archive
[Jade] Well said Zondo. Couldn't agree more.

hollis 2 In reply to: archive
Guess I'm another victim! OMG CALL THE COPS! http://tinyurl.com/cfz8tx

hollis 2 In reply to: hollis
Oh, and for the curious, the ad agency is BBDO New York. Maybe we could file a class action suit LOL

rlp2451 1 In reply to: archive
I wonder why AT&T doesn't do another commercial - updated - with the girl now 2 years older?
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy |
Feedback
|
Submit Info