JCPenney - Movies
Summary: Famous moments in film recreated for the commercial.
Music in the commercial
The following scenes or themes are recreated:
- A woman walks up to a store window like Audrey Hepburn's character in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
- A man dances in the rain like Gene Kelly's character in "Singin' in the Rain"
- A woman's dress flies up as it did with Marilyn Monroe's character in "The Seven Year Itch"
- A woman crossing the street is almost hit by a car, and yells out "I'm walking here!" as she slams her hand on the car. This is like Dustin Hoffman's character in "Midnight Cowboy"
- In that same scene, the man in the cab has a mohawk like Robert De Niro's character in "Taxi Driver"
- A woman sitting on a bench notices birds ominously gathering behind her in a playground like Tippi Hedren in "The Birds"
- A man and woman lean against a railing like Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet's characters in "Titanic". In another edit of the ad, the commercial recreates their love scene with a hand pressing up against a steamy car window.
- Two guys ride on a motorcycle like Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson's characters in "Easy Rider"
- A man holds up a boombox like John Cusack's character in "Say Anything..."
- A woman uses an umbrella to fly off into the air like Julie Andrews' character in "Mary Poppins"
It ends with the text:
Today's the day to feel like a star.
This commercial aired during the 2007 Academy Awards.
- Director: Dante Ariola