Honda - Disclaimers
Summary: Patrick Warburton reads a flattering legal disclaimer about Honda and J.D. Power awards.
"I'm the best TV spokesman ever," Warburton tells the audience, and then grins. He does this as a setup to the theme of the ad - legal disclaimers. After his boast, a disclaimer appears at the bottom of the screen that says "Based on the study of one individual's opinion. Me."
He explains how normally legal disclaimers are used to hide things they don't want you to know about. But with a legit product like Honda, you can be more up front.
"Honda received more 2011 J.D. Power and Associates high initial quality awards than any other auto maker."
He then starts reading a legal disclaimer that elaborates on the information, not by diminishing it, but by adding to it.
He follows up with, "Legal disclaimers don't get any better than that."
That last line gets a legal disclaimer of its own - "Based on a survey of attorneys as of 8/1/11."
Part of the Good Reasons campaign.
- EVP, ECD: Joe Baratelli
- SVP, GCD: Jason Sperling
- Senior Art Director: Hobart Birmingham
- Art Director: Cheston Kwan
- Art Director: Brian Farkas
- Copywriter: Perrin Anderson
- Copywriter: Tylynne McCauley
- Jr. Copywriter: Josh Hill
- SVP, Executive Producer: Gary Paticoff
- Senior Producer: Isadora Chesler
- Assistant Producer: Faye Armstrong
- Live-action/Digital Prod Co.: Tool
- Director: Evan Silver
- DP: Scott Henriksen
- EP: Brian Latt
- EP: Oliver Fuselier
- EP Digital: Dustin Callif
- Editorial: The Reel Thing
- Editor: Sally Banta
- Editor: Adam Parker
- Executive Producer: Doug Klekner
- Music: Mophonics
- Telecine: MPC
- Colorist: Mark Gethin
- Patrick Warburton ... Spokesman