MoveOn.org - Track Meet - Public Option - Heather Graham
Summary: Health insurance companies are depicted as runners in a 100m dash.
Lined up on the track, but not ready for a track race, several people represent insurance companies: UnitedHealthcare, Aetna, CIGNA, Humana, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and WellPoint.
The UnitedHealthcare guy swings a golf club. Aetna reads CEO Digest magazine. CIGNA eats a hamburger. Humana checks messages on her phone. Blue Cross Blue Shield shakes up some champagne and sprays it.
A runner (Graham) with the bib "Public Option" walks up to the line. She starts doing some comical stretches, and the insurance companies start to worry. The gun goes off, and the Public Option takes off. The insurance companies scramble to race against her.
Voice-over: Insurance companies have gotten lazy. Bloated from the profits of raising our health care costs sky high while the health care crisis keeps getting worse and worse. The public option is the key to quality, affordable health care for Americans. And over 70% of Americans want the public option. Some in Washington say this is unfair competition. But competition is American as apple pie. Call 202-224-3121 and tell Congress we need a public health insurance option now.
- Director: Yaniv Raz
- Written & Conceived by (Agit-Pop): Andrew Boyd
- Producer (MoveOn.org): Laura Dawn
- Producer (Charged): Adam Pierce
- Music (Gowanus Sound Initiative): Daron Murphy
- Editor (Company X): Robert Mead
- DP: Chadwick Davidson
- Stylist: Gabrielle Swan
- Production Coordinator: Adam Salazar
- Production Coordinator: Daron Murphy
- Casting: Mike Landry
- Additional Casting: Andrew Boyd
- PA: Ryan Dirth
- PA: Sam Haavisto
- Grip/ Electric: Dan Zimmer
- Grip/ Electric: Jessica Bennett
- Grip/ Electric: Larry Lewinn
- Make up for Ms Graham: Talia Shobrook
- Hair for Ms. Graham: Adrien DeBarardinis
- Talent Hair & Make up: Shay Zaire
- Heather Graham ... The Public Option
- Peter Coyote ... Voiceover
- Luke Reynolds ... Insurance Company
- Tony Torn ... Insurance Company (CIGNA)
- Dudley Findlay ... Insurance Company (Aetna)
- Chris Grace ... Insurance Company (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Michael Quilan ... Insurance Company
- Andrea Rosen ... Insurance Company (Humana)
- Gilbert Cruz ... Referee