MTV Video Music Awards - VMA Side Story
Summary: Pop stars and VMA host Russell Brand do their own version of West Side Story.
Music in the commercial
First up are Cobra Starship and Leighton Meester. They reference their collaboration "Girls Go Bad".
Ne-Yo does a dance routine, and gives a nod to Michael Jackson, whose "Beat It" video itself was inspired by the musical West Side Story.
Katy Perry prunes bushes on a rooftop. She references her song "Waking Up In Vegas".
Russell Brand holds a VMA award and sings about what you can expect at the show.
Taylor Swift sings the chorus in a taxicab.
The video intermixes songs from West Side Story with references to the songs of pop stars in the video.
THE STARS ALIGN
- Director: Seyi Peter-Thomas
- Writer: Seyi Peter-Thomas
- Producer: Kris Walter
- Music: Bill Sherman
- Lyrics: Lin-Manuel Miranda
- DP: Ericson Core
- Production Designer: David Skinner
- Editor: Brandon Boudreaux
- Editor: Post Millennium
- VFX Supervision/Lead Flame Artist: Mark Szumski
- Visual Effects: Click3x
- Colorist: Tom Poole
- Colorist: Company 3
- Sound Design/Mix: Great City Productions
- Creative Director: Mark Szumski
- Head of Production: Jared Yeater
- Director of CGI: Anthony Filipakis
- Managing Director, Broadcast: David Edelstein
- Executive Producer: Connor Swegle
- VFX Supervision/Lead Flame Artist: John Budion
- Flame Artist: John Ciampa
- Flame Artist: Johnny Starace
- Online Editor: JD Yepes
- CG Animator/Lighter: Grace Hwang
- CG Animator: Jong Moon Woo
- CG Animator: Kristen Pederson
- CG Modeler: Paul Liaw
- After Effects Artist: Tom Matheu
- Junior Flame Artist: Salvatore Randazzo
- Junior Flame Artist: JD Yepes
- Shake Roto: Sophia Avgousti
- Producer: Rob Meyers
- Producer: Jared Yeater