Levi's - America - Go Forth
Summary: Walt Whitman's poem "America" is read and scenes of America are shown.
Music in the commercial
The ad is in black & white, and was filmed in San Francisco and New Orleans. The scenes range from city to rural, and correspond to the words of the poem (which is supposedly an actual recording of Walt Whitman). For example, when "strong" is read, there is a scene with a shirtless guy. And when "love" is read, there's a guy and girl kissing.
Some people are wearing Levi's jeans, but it's more than halfway through the ad that any denim is clearing shown.
Airing in July 2009, the ad also features one theme associated with the 4th of July - fireworks.
The part of the poem included in the ad:
Centre of equal daughters, equal sons,
All, all alike endear'd, grown, ungrown, young or old,
Strong, ample, fair, enduring, capable, rich,
Perennial with the Earth, with Freedom, Law and Love
- Executive Creative Director: Mark Fitzloff
- Executive Creative Director: Susan Hoffman
- Creative Director: Danielle Flagg
- Creative Director: Tyler Whisnand
- Copywriter: Julia Oh
- Copywriter: Rudy Adler
- Agency Executive Producer: Ben Grylewicz
- Agency Producer: Jeff Selis
- Agency Associate Producer: Juliana Montgomery
- Production Company: Anonymous Content
- Director: Cary Fukunaga
- Executive Producer: Danielle Peretz
- Line Producer: Joe Mandarino
- DP: Darren Lew
- Editorial: Joint
- Editor: Elliot Graham
- Assistant Editor: Jessica Baclesse
- Post Producer: Neil Kopp
- Post Executive Producer: Patty Brebner