Nike - Driven - Lance Armstrong
Summary: People overcome cancer, as Lance Armstrong talks about his critics.
Music in the commercial
Lance Armstrong, who famously fought his cancer and resumed his bicycling career, talks to the audience about his critics. After his successful return (winning seven Tour de France races), he retired from competing in the sport after 2005. But then he announced he would race in the 2009 Tour de France.
"The critics say I'm arrogant. A doper. Washed up. A fraud. That I couldn't let it go. They can say whatever they want. I'm not back on my bike for them."
Interspersed between the footage of Armstrong training (in yellow) are scenes of various people in black & white who are trying to overcome their cancer.
The message of the ad is he is back on his bike to bring greater awareness of the effects of cancer that can be found all over the world.
- Creative Director: Tyler Whisnand
- Creative Director: Danielle Flagg
- Copywriter: Karl Lieberman
- Art Director: Ryan O'Rourke
- Producer: Shannon Worley
- Executive Creative Director: Mark Fitzloff
- Executive Creative Director: Susan Hoffman
- Agency Executive Producer: Ben Grylewicz
- Production Company: Gorgeous Enterprises
- Production Company: Anonymous Content
- Director: Frank Budgen
- Executive Producer: Jeff Baron
- Line Producer: Suzie Greene Tedesco
- DP: Michael Bernard
- DP: Frank Budgen
- Editor: Angus Wall
- Editor: Rock Paper Scissors
- Post Producer: Kim Colen
- Post Executive Producer: CL Weaver
- Post Executive Producer: Linda Carlson-Wall
- VFX Company: A52
- VFX Supervisor: Shannon Worley
- VFX Producer: Jenny Bright
- Titles/Graphics: Ryan O'Rourke
- Titles/Graphics: W+K Studio
- Sound Designer: Ren Klyce
- Producer: Misa Kageyama
- Mix Company: Lime Studios
- Mixer: Loren Silber
- Lance Armstrong ... Himself