Apple - Mac - Breakthrough
Summary: In a therapy session, PC is told his issues aren't his fault.
Music in the commercial
The background music is composed by Mark Mothersbaugh (of Devo fame) at Mutato Muzika.
The counselor explains that since PC's parts (hardware, software) come from a bunch of different places, it's prone to problems. "Unlike Mac, who's operating system and hardware are all made by the same people." She's referring to how Macs use a vertical integration model, controlling all the parts that go into one of their computers.
PC seems to be making headway when he says "So it's not my fault." He repeats himself, then eventually says, "It's not my fault. It's Mac's fault. What a breakthrough."
- Chief Creative Officer: Lee Clow
- Executive Creative Director: Duncan Milner
- Executive Creative Director: Eric Grunbaum
- Creative Director: Jason Sperling
- ACD/Art Director: Chuck Monn
- Copywriter: Alicia Dotter
- Copywriter: Joe Ventura
- Agency Producer: Hank Zakroff
- Production Company: Epoch Films
- Director of Photography: Peter Donahue
- Director: Phil Morrison
- Editorial Company: Mad River Post
- Editor: Val Thrasher
- Post Production: Company 3
- Post Producer: Brian Robinson
- Post Producer: Stefan Sonnenfeld