Coca Cola - Jinx
Summary: Politically opposed, James Carville and Bill Frist settle their differences as each enjoys a Coke.
Music in the commercial
Lyrics used in the commercial
Why don't we step outside
And change our view
We don't see eye to eye
Sometimes it's true
But good times will come around
When we follow through
Just want to share a smile
With a friend like you
A friend like you
A friend like
Democratic political commentator James Carville and Republican former Senator Bill Frist square off on a debate-style news show. In the middle of their squabbling, they both say, "They're just plain wrong."
Frist employs the children's standard of "Jinx" and makes his demand. "Buy me a Coke."
"Right now?" asks Carville.
"No talking. Jinx rules."
They go out to the street and Carville makes good on the deal and buys Frist a Coke. They then decide to become temporary friends and spend the day traveling around Washington D.C.
Their adventures include riding a sightseeing tour bus getting a glimpse of the Capitol building and the Jefferson Memorial. Then they go to a museum (Smithsonian?), observing a painting of George Washington. Their trip continues as they zip past the White House on Segway Personal Transporters. In a park they get a caricature drawing done of them, each on their party's animal mascot - elephant / donkey. Next we find them at a Washington Wizards NBA game.
They wrap up the day sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial looking out over the Reflecting Pool and the Washington Monument.
The ad aired during Super Bowl XLII (2008).
- Creative Director: Hal Curtis
- Creative Director: Sheena Brady
- Copywriter: Brian Murphy
- Art Director: Nate Miller
- Account team: Hanna Nesper Newell
- Agency Producer: Hayley Goggin
- Executive Creative Director: Jelly Helm
- Executive Creative Director: Steve Luker
- Agency Executive Producer: Ben Grylewicz
- Agency Director of Business Affairs: Amber Lavender
- Production Company: Hungry Man
- Director: Paul Gay
- Executive Producer: Dan Duffy
- Producer: Elizabeth Amaral
- Post-Production company: Joint
- Editor: Corky Devault
- Audio Post-Production Company: Lime Studios
- Audio Post-Prod. Artist: Rohan Young
- Effects: RIOT
- Effects Artist: Mark Dennison
- Color Correction: Company 3
- Color Correction Artist: Dave Hussey
- Titles/Graphics: Joint
- Titles/Graphics Artist: Kyle Valenta
- End Tag: Brand New School
- Music: HUM Music
- Music Executive Producer: Debbi Landon
- Music Creative Director: Jeff Koz
- Sound Design: 740 Sound
- Sound Designer/Producer: Scott Ganary