Nike - Long Time Coming
Summary: People throughout history are shown running for their survival.
Music in the commercial
Lyrics used in the commercial
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh
The ad starts with a caveman running with a spear, looking behind him occasionally. Then advance forward in time to where a young man runs from a fleet of ships.
The action goes from fleeing to attacking, as a screaming warrior runs alongside an army of knights in the middle ages.
As an example of survival in nature, an Native American hunter chases a deer through the woods.
Then back to the fleeing, as we find a couple of cowboys (possibly outlaws) running from a mob.
Then we get to modern times, as a police officer chases down a criminal.
But then the music slows down, and we find the reality of modern times is most people aren't as inspired in their running. This is exemplified by a guy jogging on a treadmill.
The text: NEED MOTIVATION?
Then all of a sudden a group of runners crashes through the window and out onto the street. They're wearing Nike+, which allows them to play music from an iPod and get voice updates on their run stats.
The text: RUN WITH NIKE PLUS
- Executive Creative Director: Alex Bogusky
- Creative Director: Evan Fry
- Associate Creative Director: Dave Swartz
- Art Director: Mark Taylor
- Copywriter: Todd Tilford
- Group Executive Producer: Matt Bonin
- Production Company: HSI
- Production Services: Film Planet Argentina
- Director / Director of Photography: Samuel Bayer
- Editorial Company: Bug Editorial
- Editor: Andre Betz
- Producer: Joy Copeland
- Assistant Editor: Ben Shababo
- Post Production: RIOT
- Producer: Alex Decaneas
- Producer: Peter Stanik
- Flame Artist: Tom McCullough
- Telecine Artist: Billy Gabor
- Telecine: CO3
- Visual Effects: WETA Digital
- VFX Supervisor: Chris White
- VFX Producer: Libby Hazell
- VFX Onset Digital Supervisor: Susie Kleis
- VFX Onset Digital Supervisor: Matt Sloan
- VFX Head of Production: Eileen Moran
- Music/Sound Design: Amber Music
- Composer: Eugene Cho
- Sound Design: Bill Chesley
- Producer: Kate Gibson
- Agency Music Producer: Bill Meadows
- Sound Mixer: Phil Loeb
- Sound Mix: Sound Lounge